This website was originally hosted on a server funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. We appreciate all their support past and present. The current site design and new features were made possible by a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) - award number 840788.
Body Depot is a collaborative project with the Arizona Science Center funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant award 1R25RR026032-01.
Science Detectives - Mystery Room Escape was produced in partnership with the Arizona Science Education Collaborative (ASEC) and funded by ASU Women&Philanthropy.
Additional content development has been made possible by grants from NSF:
Award number BNS 97-23160
|Award number NSF 1030345|
Award number IOS 0746364
Award number SES 0746364
Award number EF 1065856
Ask A Biologist would not be possible without the faculty and graduate students that volunteer their time to answer questions, help with backyard experiments, and research topics. Ask A Biologist was created by, and continues to be developed and coordinated by CJ Kazilek (a.k.a. Dr. Biology). In addition, for their help in building this site there are a few other people past and present that we would like to acknowledge.
Design and Drupal Development
- Jacob Sahertian and the SOLS Visualization Lab (Sabine Deviche, Jacob Mayfield, James Baxter) 2009-2010
Question & Answer Coordinators
Story and Profile Editors
- Karla Moeller 2011- 2012
- Erica O'Neil 2011- 2012
- Karla Moeller Fall 2012
Birds Finder Tool
- Pierre Deviche - bird song recordings
- David Pearson - bird range maps and accounts
- Butch Clydesdale - programming
- John VandenBrooks & Jon Harrison - project leads, concept, funding, experimental design, authors
- Saman Jirjies - lead researcher, experiment implementation & measuring tool programming
- Nile Kristol & Choognam Conoe - experiment implementation
- Viviane Callier & Karla Moeller - authors
- Shoshanna Kroeger - K-12 content expert & teacher resource packet author
- Saman Jirjies - measuring tool programming