April 1999 Mystery Image
Image by William Sharp
It has been a busy month full of guesses. This month we stumped all who participated. There were many great guesses, but none of them figured out this mystery. The image was a scanning electron image of the inside of a chicken egg shell.
Congratulations to Desert Vista high school for the most guesses.
For those of you that are curious, here are some numbers from our list of guesses.
- 40% guessed that it was animal in nature.
- 33% guessed that it was part of a plant.
- 26% guessed that it was part of the brain or neural network.
- 13% guessed that it was fungi.
Some of the creative single answers are listed below.
- A mesh of tumor spaghetti stands.
- A pile of sticks that cover a hole used to trap tigers.
- A piece of hair from a goat.