2009, Spring - Summer
Spring & Summer 2009 Mystery Image
If you were one of the people that visited our Ugly Bug Contest page and maybe voted for one of the bugs you might have known this is a June Bug (Family: Scarabaeidae, Order: Coleoptera). These bugs can really be a problem for gardens because they kill plants for a living. To see some more of the bugs that were part of the 2008 contest visit the Ugly Bug Contest page.
If you are curious, here are some numbers from our list of guesses.
- 99.9% thought it was some sort of a bug. (not a surprise)
- .01% thought is was not some type of a bug.
Now for some of the more creative answers.
- A bug character from the movie "Bugs."
- Bed bug.
- Mouth of a dust mite.
- Maybe a bat.
- A flea carrying the black plague. (let's hope not)
- Evil alien coming to consume the world's caterpillars as a feast in honor of his promotion as CEO of the mattress company.